Some career choices have more impact than others.
We’re looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who’ll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you’ll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
As the Performance & Reward Manager you will report to the Head of Performance & Reward to manage and implement the performance and reward agenda in Australia by aligning the Group's P&R strategy for local execution, taking account of local regulatory and market conditions.
A key focus of your role role will be the day to day management of the Banking Executive Accountability Regime (BEAR), being the key point of contact for the Regime and supporting HSBC in ensuring ongoing compliance with BEAR requirements.
- Subject matter expert with regard to the administration management and compliance aspects of the regime.
- Together with Risk and Compliance, own the preparation and submission of applications and notifications to APRA through the appropriate channels per required timelines.
- Management of relationships with in-scope senior executives to ensure Accountability Statements and Maps are up to date and compliant with legislation
- Liaison with Group teams to promote alignment with Group internal governance policies and frameworks, ensuring global consistency in the way Australia fulfils its legislative requirements.
- Managing a portfolio of business clients
- Keeping abreast of market remuneration practices and latest trends and providing quality external market information and analysis on trends and competitor offerings to ensure our people are remunerated competitively
- Promoting pay for performance to line managers and employees and actively guiding them to tighten this linkage.
- Supporting the annual pay review process.
- Managing reward in the context of a global business, function and geographical matrix.
- Local representative for global reward projects and initiatives, providing feedback on recommendations and suggestions for required deviations or amendments in order to ensure a locally-appropriate outcome
- Implementing the global performance management framework and providing local expertise to ensure the final framework solution is applicable to the local Australian context
- Managing the annual performance appraisal process to ensure all employees are provided with a year-end performance appraisal outcome in line with global guidelines.
- Review of local outcomes for the purpose of identifying quality control issues and owing the communications and training requirements for remediation
- Main point of contact for local, regional and global teams
- Managing the Benefits program within the global HSBC benefits framework, reviewing the competitiveness of benefits and increasing the awareness and uptake of available benefits to employees.
- Managing HSBC share plans, including buyouts, deferred share awards and employee share ownership initiatives and associated reporting.