|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Are you a strong systems coordinator with proven experience with Freight management within Logistics and an understanding of the full supply chain?
- Looking to join a collaborative fast pace and innovative team?
- Then this role could be the role for you!
- Flexible location
Hi, we're Caltex.
We're proud of our thriving fuels, lubricants and retail operations in Australia, but it doesn't stop there. We have a mature and stable Fuels, Lubricants and Infrastructure business with growth aspirations. Our people are capable, agile, and adaptable, they constantly evolve and deliver our strategy. There is a wealth of knowledge in Fuels, Lubricants and Infrastructure, accumulated through experiences from all parts of our business.
We are looking for a Freight Coordinator to manage the Caltex Freight process nationally for Contracted Cartage Carriers and Distributors. You will bring a commercially focused mindset to the role, ensuring negotiated freight solutions are accurate and freight costs remain competitive for the organisation.
The role will be responsible for the management of carrier cost data and all Authority for Work (AFW's) for each Contracted Cartage Carrier. Managing communication for all rate change advice based on cost element changes, across core business functions including internal and external Stakeholders, such as the Freight Solutions team, Business to Business (Sales), Retail and Carriers.
You'll take us further by…
- Management of Cartage Freight Request (Nationally) referencing carrier supplied cost assumptions to derive cost outputs.
- Responsible for all Freight Requests via Salesforce system to generate freights solutions, including operational requirements and insights to reduce cost to supply.
- Experience in a role responsible for maintaining all Authorities for Work (AFW's) with each Contracted Carrier including adding new locations or setting up new (including Change of Operator Advice & SAP Error Log processing)
- Proven experience with Carrier/Distributer Rate reviews, including understanding of cost components and marketing when rate adjustments
- Understanding of Spot Cartage market rates
- Data Management including database creation and operation, as well as understanding of systems including SAP
- Management of Service Fee freight modelling for Depot Ops for all new Freight Requests
- Detailed working knowledge of the industry supply chain, with operating knowledge of the relevant laws and statutes applying to the movement of petroleum products, including OH&S, Environmental and Trade Practices.
- Strong communication (verbal, written and presentation) with persuasive ability to influence change
The successful candidate will have tertiary qualification in supply chain, logistics, procurement or related discipline and experience Supply Chain/Logistics experience with a proven track record of success within Logistics Optimisation and project/change management. You will have an active commitment to safety and incident free operations, and knowledge of relevant industry standards will be well regarded.
We'll take you further by…
Challenging ourselves to be more commercially mindful, we're transforming the way we think to drive our business forward. We work with credible experts to drive a safe and reliable business through finding solutions to complex problems. Our leaders prove it's possible to work across our business and create career experiences you may not have expected.
We're an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and inclusion and celebrate what makes us unique. We'll take you further with the freedom and flexibility to be you.