- Permanent opportunity based in Sydney
- Employer of choice for women
- Join one of Australia’s leading organisations
ORIGIN – GOOD ENERGY
Origin has a rich heritage in energy exploration, production, power generation and retailing. Today, we're a leading provider of energy to homes and businesses throughout Australia.
Future energy continues to develop a strong pipeline of opportunities through the trialling of technologies, enhancing data and analytics capabilities and developing innovative products and services for our customers.
Reporting to the Manager, Business and Future Energy Analytics, the Senior Cloud Developer will contribute to the success of Future Energy technology initiatives by ensuring a performant and consistent architecture across development projects.
You will be instrumental in the continued development of Origin’s business critical Virtual Power Plant. A data-driven software solution for orchestrating dispatch of distributed assets across Australia, getting energy right for our Customers, Communities and Planet.
This is an attractive and rare opportunity to work on an industry defining capability across its full spectrum and lifecycle.
- Lead development of distributed applications that integrate with existing solutions to achieve critical business outcomes.
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into robust software solutions.
- Design and implement complex applications using advanced cloud based technologies.
- Develop complex data processing and integration solutions (including third party software where necessary).
- Augment existing solutions and capabilities to expand product offering.
- Ensure solutions comply with Origins security policies.
You will have extensive hands on experience with software development using Python and significant prior experience with the AWS ecosystem. You will also thrive on solving complex problems and contributing to an evolving software solution.
You will also have:
- Tertiary qualification in a Software Engineering/IT related discipline
- Experience working with technical teams to define, design, implement and support complex data/system integration solutions.
- Extensive hands-on experience with AWS cloud technologies with a focus on security, networking, computation, storage and application integration components.
- Experience orchestrating ETL jobs and a good understanding of ETL frameworks including error handling
- Experience writing software that integrates and complies with third party requirements in a performant and robust manner.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS principles and strong SQL skills
- Experience with version control software such as git or similar.
Our purpose drives everything. If you connect with Getting energy right for our customers, community and planet this role is for you.
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.