|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced AML professional with team leader experience
About the Role
An opportunity is currently available for experienced individual to join BOQ working within AML Operations, contributing to the significant growth, cohesion and development of this team.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager for AML Operations, the Manager AML Operations, will be responsible for leading the AML Transaction Monitoring Program, Suspicious Matter Reporting (SMR), PEP and Sanctions name screening function for the Bank, and ensuring that operationally, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing (AML / CTF) compliance and Financial Crime Strategy objectives are met.
Specifically you will:
- Lead and manage change within a team of direct and indirect reports
- Effectively lead and manage performance of the day to day operations including performance metrics and internal/external SLAs in ML/TF detection, Transaction Monitoring, SMR reporting and name screening for Sanctions and PEPs.
- Ensure the team are well equipped, enabled to perform their roles, are operating at their best capability and enhancing the team culture and development
- Ensuring relevant Operational Risk Incidents relating to AML/CTF Operations are reported and managed
- Remain up to date with emerging ML/TF trends and methodologies, assess potential threats of ML/TF activities occurring within the Bank
- Contribute to the ML/TF Risk Assessment, development of the controls managed by the AML Operations team and to the Financial Crimes Strategy of the Bank
- Ensuring AML/CTF Operations processes are adequately designed, effectively implemented and enhanced where required
- Working closely with AML Operations management, Financial Crime Compliance and other stakeholders within the Bank to ensure AML Operations is compliant and embedded across the Bank
- Review internal reports of Investigations and where required co-ordinate with the regulator AUSTRAC / DFAT
- Assist in preparation of Management Information and relevant governance, risk committee and forum reports and sometimes present to these committees.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders eg. Vendors, Regulators
- Contribute where required to Projects running within the Bank.
As a consummate professional, you will have proven experience in leading teams within an AML / investigations environment. Further, you will demonstrate sound knowledge of AML / CTF legislations and AUSTRAC reporting requirements.
You will demonstrate:
- Prior experience within a medium sized financial services institution
- Demonstrated operational leadership experience preferably within the AML/CTF environment.
- Effective stakeholder engagement, communication and management abilities, including liaising with business partners, regulators and external law enforcement departments
- Experience with designing relevant and effective Management Information Reporting and preparing governance and risk committee report
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills, and strong understanding of data
- Experience with financial crime technologies and tools.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.