|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan is one of the world's top-tier global investment banks. We advise clients on corporate strategy and M&A, facilitate capital raisings in equity, debt and hybrid security markets, make markets in financial instruments and provide sophisticated risk management services. This capability supports an outstanding network of relationships with financial, corporate and institutional clients that lie at the heart of our Investment Banking franchise.
We are currently seeking an Associate to join our M&A Team in Sydney. Working directly with a team of senior bankers, you will be responsible for performing both qualitative and quantitative analysis on the sector.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing comprehensive M&A strategies for potential clients.
- Supporting a deal or project team with analysis and research.
- Building and using financial models.
- Performing financial valuations using discounted cash flow, leveraged buy-out and multiple based analyses.
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in deal pitches.
- Liaising with internal and external parties on transactions.
- Supporting due diligence and negotiations during transactions.
- Marketing the full range of services to prospective and established clients.
- Coordinating with product and industry groups to identify and develop business opportunities.
To be successful, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline.
- At least three years of Corporate Finance experience in financial or professional services.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- The ability to effectively communicate to a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Strong finance and business writing skills.
- An ability to manage projects independently and provide guidance to team member.
- A desire to work collaboratively and contribute to the team.
As an Associate in Corporate Finance, you will be working with top-tier professionals at the heart of a leading global investment bank. Through comprehensive training, hands-on learning opportunities, mentoring and feedback, you will be given the opportunity to advance rapidly, interact with clients, travel for the firm and assume increasing levels of responsibility.
J.P. Morgan is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are proud to achieve Bronze Employer status in the 2019 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI). If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.