|Job Type:||Full Time|
What is a Quality Coach?
At Xero quality is a team responsibility which means that you will tasked with coaching the product teams develop their quality practices and processes across the software delivery lifecycle. Your proven expertise in exploratory testing and quality coaching will empower the team to build high quality software.
What that looks like in real life..
- Delivery teams will be self sufficient, be able to execute or automate manual tasks with little to no supervision.
- Stories will be developed with quality in mind, this means that acceptance criteria is well defined, testable and easily automated.
- Functional testing will be automated by the delivery team, which will free up the time of the Quality Coach to focus on upskilling developers in testing best practice and focus on non-menial tasks like performance, exploratory and usability testing.
How will you do that? You will...
- Promote collective ownership of quality and coach developers on how to carry out testing of their own work
- Work closely with the Product Owners and developers to write well defined, testable acceptance criteria that is easy to understand and implement.
- Conduct hands on exploratory testing sessions throughout the delivery cycle
- Be a champion of quality and participate in story kickoffs and walkthroughs to ensure that the software meets the customer needs
- Drive the capability uplift in areas such as performance testing, security testing and usability testing
- Be a champion for the non-functional quality aspects, e.g. performance, reliability and security.
- Set direction and provide clarity on the quality aspects of new initiatives.
What we need from you in order to be successful in this role…
- You need to have substantial experience in optimising a quality analyst function
- Things are always changing around here and we want to make sure you stay ahead of the curve, so you’ll need to have taken ownership of continuous improvement initiatives around quality in your previous roles
- You will of course have experience with performance and exploratory testing, as well as testing in a highly technical continuous delivery environment
- You'll be super comfortable and accustomed to presenting and defending ideas
- Experience leading and coaching others
But why work at Xero?
At Xero, we are rewiring the small business economy and want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice, and connections.
We see the value in work-life balance, many of us take full advantage of our flexible working arrangements, so whether you like to get a surf in before work, like to head home in time to pick up the kids or you just like working from the comfort of your own home now and then, we want to support you.
We trust you to build your career to the best of your ability and we will support your hunger to learn with training and career mentorship, to help you flourish. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks so join us and experience our awesome culture!