|Job Type:||Full Time|
Actuarial Prophet Specialist
- On-site free gym
- Flexible work options available.
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
The Main activity of the role is to support and guide the Actuarial System team in the design, build, testing and implementation of Actuarial data processes and projection models primarily using the prophet enterprise platform. The development team will form part of TAL’s broader Actuarial systems team working on a pipeline of business requests, model improvements, and projects – including the implementation of IFRS 17 compliant models. Developments will primarily utilise the prophet enterprise platform and suite of products.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Working with Actuarial and Finance stakeholders to prepare accurate and complete modelling requirements
- Prepare and review technical specifications that meet modelling requirements and teams coding standards
- Perform Prophet developments to specifications
- Perform and document system testing activities (unit testing, regression testing)
- Perform model reviews and identify areas of model improvement and efficiency
- Deploy approved changes to production environments in line with controls and procedures
- Contribute to the design and build of a results database for prophet model output which meets Finance and Actuarial end user reporting and analysis requirements
- Support the Head of Actuarial Systems and team in the provision of Finance Operational services
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Understanding of risk products and the life insurance industry
- Completed or working towards actuarial qualification (FIAA or equivalent)
- +7 years working experience, preferably in life insurance.
- Experience with Atlassian software workflow and documentation tools – JIRA and Confluence
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions.