|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about working with smart teams and passionate about providing high quality service to the worlds largest customers this role could be perfect for you. You will be part of a growing team of experts improving our support capabilities, capacity, and quality for our largest and most sophisticated customers. You will be a key to providing a consistent quality experience, bringing new and improved support methodologies to Atlassian, and creating a wide and loyal customer base to the Atlassian products and brand. You will preform triage, root cause analysis, debugging and troubleshooting across one to many Atlassian products. As part of the team you will receive on-boarding training to make you an expert in one to many of our products, system technologies, and network technologies. You will lead and participate in customer facing calls helping to communicate progress updates, action plans, and resolution details. You will be part of a team ensuring we have customers for life. If this sounds interesting to you, apply and become part of our global team of experts practicing a follow-the-sun methodology with our other offices around the world to provide the best support possible for our top tier customers.
More about you
- You are passionate about servicing customers and love people that have a strong sense of accountability and quality, you will be a person that is not comfortable with mediocre. It is important that you have a B.S in information systems, engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- You should have 5+ years in support, services, and/or as a system admin of a mission-critical system for large end-user community in either a cloud based or behind-the-firewall solution. Our fastest contributing new team members also have experience with Atlassian products like JIRA, Confluence, and/or Stash. You should have strong triage skills, innovative problem solving and logical decision making demonstrated on complex support and services issues.
- You should have an in-depth understanding and be able to demonstrate skills in the following technologies; OS (Windows Server, Linux, Unix), Application Servers (i.e. Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.), SQL Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL), and Networks (Proxies, LDAP, Active Directory, Switches, etc.).
- You should have experience and ability to demonstrate performance debugging and detailed troubleshooting, including analyzing thread dumps and heap dumps. An additional positive would be if you had experience with a distributed version control system like Git, Mercurial, etc.
- In addition to these technical skills you should have a keen focus and can prioritize multiple projects and assess risk quickly. You should be able to demonstrate strong judgment, decision-making, and analytic skills. Your soft skills should be exceptional for both internal an external communications via phone, videoconferences, presentations, and published blogs. Strong personal initiative and an internal temperature gauge for urgency will also be important to demonstrate.
More about our team
The team is filled with top-notch technical individuals that are excited to be building a new service offering and experience for our customers. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product as well as our customer's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with the customers, problem solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer's experience, the quality of our product, the quality of our support system, or our individual weaknesses. We are not scared of challenges, nor do we back down or get deterred by tough problems. When problems seem the hardest we are at our best, pushing harder for the root cause and a solution. We are a combination of passion and persistence. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users and their experience with Atlassian products. We believe we can add significant value to the business by listening to the customer's experience, translating these into actions, and championing their short-term issues and long-term needs throughout the organization. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and all about providing legendary service to our customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.