|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
What it Means To Work Here:
Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals and projects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams that support our business and each other. Learn about our culture at https://careers.jpmorgan.com/global/en/about-us
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing and executing on M&A, debt and equity financing strategies for potential clients.
- Conducting research on global commodity markets and resources businesses.
- Constructing and using financial models to make objective conclusions.
- Performing valuations on companies and assets utilising discounted cash flow and multiple based analyses.
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in pitching activities in front of clients.
- Supporting due diligence & negotiations during transactions.
- Partnering with product groups to identify and develop business opportunities.
To be successful, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline.
- At least three years of natural resources experience, either from corporate finance in financial services or M&A/Business Development functions in a corporate.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Strong accounting, finance and business writing skills.
- An ability to collaborate with a team and manage projects independently.
- The ability to effectively communicate to a wide range of individuals and groups.
As an Associate in Corporate Finance, you will be working with top-tier professionals at the heart of a leading global investment bank. Through comprehensive training, hands-on learning opportunities, mentoring and feedback, you will be given the opportunity to advance rapidly, interact with clients, travel for the firm and assume increasing levels of responsibility.
J.P. Morgan is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are proud to obtain Bronze Employer status in the 2019 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI). If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce is directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable local law. In accordance with applicable local law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.