|Job Type:||Full Time|
Redbubble was born in 2006 in Melbourne. The dream was simple. Give independent artists a meaningful new way to sell their creations. Today, we connect over 800k artists and designers across the planet with millions of fans. As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped artists earn over $100M since launch. (We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work.)
We get up everyday to bring more creativity into the world. And that means everywhere. To every corner of the world. In order to achieve our mission, we are scaling our world-class platform with a focus on creating seamless user experiences. Our Artist and Content user group is working with well known partners on an industry changing initiative, where you will get a chance to work in a global team to solve interesting problems around content management at scale. Our content catalogue has around 20 million works of art, so as a Full Stack Software Engineer your contributions to this team will be critical in managing our ever-growing volume. If innovating, defining and testing best practices while nurturing the development of others earlier on in their career are exciting to you, we're glad, as this could be the role for you.
The impact you’d drive…
- Building the right things and making engineering trades offs to deliver highest business impact
- Work in an industry changing domain and shape novel solutions to atypical problems.
- Experiment and use data to help make the right choices across the wider business.
- Release code multiple times a day, while handling the complexity of our scale.
- Act as key contributor for developing others on the team and be mentored in areas you want to grow in.
You stand out because you have:
- You are a natural problem solver and uncovering architectural patterns is your jam.
- Deep understanding designing and building web applications, delivering multiple end-to-end technical projects is your thing!
- Agile/Lean: Pairing, TDD, A/B testing. These aren’t just buzzwords you’ve heard at a meet-up, you are passionate about bringing them alive.
- An inquisitive nature, with high levels of curiosity. You love to share your knowledge with peers, junior devs or summer interns.
- Familiarity with a range of languages and technologies (experience with Go and ReactJS is a plus)
- Focused on accomplishing goals in a team environment
- Good working knowledge of networking (RDBMSes and AWS is a plus)
Some of what you’d come to expect when you join the RB family:
- Meaningful work that allows you to contribute to a mission you believe in
- A safe and supportive place to continue to grow and hone your craft
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, flexible work arrangements, and parental leave programs
- An opportunity to give back through community volunteer events and corporate partnerships like Code Like a Girl
Still wondering what life is like at Redbubble? Check out our Key Values and Stack Overflow pages and discover what our teams love the most about working at Redbubble.
We take our values seriously and work hard to build open minded, open hearted teams. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background. Bringing more creativity into the world? It takes all the crayons in the box. Differences that help us create a healthy work culture and more engaging marketplace for our artists and customers. If this sounds inspiring (thinker emoji goes here), we’re excited to hear from you.