|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Do you have experience in coaching and mentoring your team members?
- Utilise your technical and relationship building skills to provide tailored financial solutions to clients
- This is a newly created role with great prospect for career progression and growth
- Permanent role, located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne
At MLC Wealth, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting our people as you help us build a business and culture that affects positive change for our clients - and for the community too
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Advice Experience Centre, the main purpose of this role to develop and deliver personalised, transparent, quality advice solutions on highly complex financial products so clients can achieve their financial and lifestyle goals.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for meeting clients and analyse client’s requirements, to develop personalised high-quality advice strategies and implement agreed product recommendations
- Engage and maintain client connections provided by BDM partners and Business Partners
- Contribute towards running a commercial advice business centred on service client needs in a professional and ethical manner
- Maintain client coverage in segment, contributing to overall business growth
- Coach and mentor Advisers on adaptation and utilisation of best practice, compliance and client services in providing strategic, transparent, innovative and holistic advice across their client relationships
- Collaborate with Financial advisers, advice experience team and local practice support teams to implement the advice strategy and provide ongoing client advice service
As a Principal Financial Adviser, you will hold a completed Diploma in Financial Services, RG146 compliant and hold a completed Advance Diploma in Financial Planning to be consider for this role. You will also need to be registered with the Tax Practitioner Board and hold a completed Certified Financial Planning program or be committed to completing.
Completion of Masters of Financial Planning or minimum of Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning or commercial education pathway to meet minimum education requirements in line with FASEA guidelines is essential for the success of this role.
You will bring with you extensive and demonstrated technical and professional leadership experience delivering and implementing complex financial advice strategies tailored to individual client requirements. With this you will have advance knowledge and experience in financial modelling and tools.
A comprehensive understanding of MLC Advice products and services and knowledge of risk and compliance requirements with an up to date knowledge of Australian and global markets is paramount to this role.
As this a highly visible role, one of your key strength will be to build and manage strong relationships in a collaborative manner with internal and external stakeholders. This will be complimented by your exceptional communication skills that fosters incomparable client engagement referral conversations enabling business growth. Proven leadership expertise in coaching and mentoring team members is also essential for this role.
This role operates in a fast-paced environment in which you will be required to work on multiple tasks at the same time, for this reason this role will be best suited to you if possess the skills to manage competing priorities in an efficient manner.
With exceptional attention to detail and an aptitude for exceptional problem-solving skills you will be systematic and consultative in your work style. With high level of self-motivation and the ability to work in an autonomous manner you will demonstrate excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines effectively.
If you have the skills and drive that we are looking for, we would love to hear from you
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.