|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the opportunity
Do you have a passion for chemical analysis? We may have the opportunity for you! We are seeking a dedicated Laboratory Analyst to join the Laboratory team at Alcoa's Kwinana refinery.
The Laboratory Analyst completes routine and non-routine laboratory analysis of refinery process liquor streams as determined by the work schedule and as requested by the laboratory group leader. This is a permanent role on shift relief where you will be working on all 12-hour shift patterns, 10.3 and days as required. The role requires flexibility as you will be required to move between shift rotations.
Key activities as part of the role includes
- Repeat sampling and analysis for unusual results
- provide samples to laboratory process streams for routine analytical and adhoc requests in a safe way
- Identify potential problems with sample integrity related to the sampling process
- Enter data into the laboratory and refinery information systems
- Verify data by comparing with historical performance trends and review the impact of results with Stake holders.
- Involvement in plant projects
- Communicating results to operations personnel
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. We are looking for a team player with excellent communication skills who will provide input to the group and has the ability to work with minimum supervision on many occasions.
You will possess a minimum Certificate in Laboratory Practices and have extensive experience working in a production laboratory environment. Experience in analytical procedures such as Gas Chromatography, XRF analysis and ICP analysis will be advantageous. Applicants must be able to demonstrate knowledge of LIMS and a variety of laboratory analytical equipment. Good communication skills, an ability to work effectively as a team member, an excellent safety outlook and being flexible in working to the business needs are all required qualities.
About where you will work
Kwinana Alumina Refinery is located 40 kilometres south of Perth in the Kwinana Industrial Area. It is a major employer in the area with approximately 870 employees. An estimated 48 per cent of employees live in the neighbouring communities of Kwinana, Cockburn and Rockingham.
Monday 20th January 2020
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa in Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities-aus
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,000 people in Western Australia and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 17 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 56 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa’s Australian annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.