Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Based in our North Sydney office and reporting to the Spatial Section Leader, we are currently looking for an experienced surveyor to take on a valued role and be an integral part of a team providing a professional surveying service to our clients primarily in NSW, but also supporting the broader ANZ business. You'll undertake complex field work, support and foster team development as well as actively mentor our graduates and less experienced surveyors in the team. Additional tasks and responsibilities include\:
- Ensure all project work complies with statutory and regulatory requirements and Jacobs’ project delivery methodology
- Deliver set project tasks to the required quality on schedule and within budget
- Assist with and undertake field surveys across all specialist areas as required including\: prepare and check survey reductions; produce survey models & CAD drawings of the surveyed data; carry out survey calculations; assist in project delivery via support to estimating, procurement and scheduling staff
- Assist with the preparation of documentation for standards, procedures, safe working practices and monitoring regimes in respect of work on or around survey projects
- Assist with meeting assigned dates by producing, survey deliverables
- Liaise and network with other Survey & GIS staff, engineers and draftspersons to ensure project goals are met
- Facilitate direct, rapid and efficient communications on all technical aspects of survey tasks and project delivery
- Attend training opportunities so as to develop technical and project delivery skills
Essential experience, skills and attributes required for the role include\:
- Manual drivers licence
- Ability to learn phases of management
- Good understanding of and ability to follow company and client policies and procedures
- Understanding of HSE regulations
- Understanding equipment application and calibration
- Competent in computer related tasks including Word & Excel
- Skills in modelling survey information in CAD
- Demonstrated ability to undertake field work
- Understanding of 3D laser scanning data capture, processing and modelling
- Senior First Aid certificate (desirable)
- White card (desirable)
- Registered or pursuing registration as a surveyor (desirable)
- Developed understanding of applied survey principals to provide viable options and solutions to range of problems
- Developed understanding of Survey and CAD software and be able to produce survey accurate models and drawings
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Please note\: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.