|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to continued growth across Downer Transport Services, we have a new opportunity to join the highly respected Milling team as a Milling Machine Operator. You will work together with the wider Paving division to provide excellent road work and deliver on contracts while optimising the use of resources.
Based in Auckland, you will support the Northern region as a pavement Milling Operator, you will work on a number of high profile projects and assist in the delivery of asphalt paving and construction operations while collaborating with internal and external teams. You will take charge of a key component of our operational work, and produce positive results by making informed decisions using your experience and organisational skills.
Job tasks include:
- Safe and accurate operation of Asphalt Milling Machines
- Presentation, servicing and maintenance of equipment in a professional and efficient manner
- Compliance with legislation, regulation and policies
- Meeting productivity and quality targets
- Working hands on as part of the production team
- Supporting a zero harm environment
Skills and Experience:
- Experience operating pavement milling machines
- Knowledge of paving plant operations
- Able to undertake site measurements and operate autonomously
- Strong problem solving skills and the attitude to promote a “Continuous improvement” philosophy
- Excellent communication skills enabling you to drive projects and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to commit to a 24/7 operation and travel outside of Auckland and at night when required.
Perks of joining the team:
A role with Downer New Zealand can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We also offer:
- Job security with a guarantee of 40 hours per week
- A competitive pay rate with overtime available
- Use of company vehicle, mobile phone and other essential tools of trade
- The opportunity to see your backyard and travel across the Northern region
- Career development, training and job satisfaction supported
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
How to apply
Head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 565754 to register your interest.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.