|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join Australia’s No.1 Life Insurer
- Career progression and excellent employee benefits
- Excellent employee benefits
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From those we protect, to those that make it happen here at TAL, people are at the heart of everything we do. We've learnt that the most important part of life isn't the things we own, but the experiences we share with the people we love. That's why we do what we do, protect what matters most, so that you and your family have the freedom to keep living the life you planned, no matter what happens.
About the Opportunity
This role is accountable for the Claims administrative processing and telephone enquiries of TAL Directs products, including Direct Life, and/or other business units where required. Integral to this is quality and service standards which ensure the functions are meeting TAL’s Customer and Claims requirements. Key responsibilities include:
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Undertake customer service and administration activities in support of the Claims function
- Service the in-bound Direct claims and other claims Interactive Voice Responses
- Respond to all enquiries from claimants and representatives, including telephone calls and emails
- Assessment of low complexity claims i.e. funeral products, children’s injury, and involuntary unemployment
- Make proactive outbound telephone calls to claimants/representatives for follow-up and information
- Proactively manage relationships whilst monitoring service delivery and quality
- Ensure compliance with TAL policies and procedures, as well as external regulations
We’re looking for a talented individual with the requisite skills and knowledge who want to join in our mission of ‘being by your side for life’ to positively impact Australians.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated capability in a similar position i.e. in the financial services/insurance industry Ability to build rapport and empathy with customers during difficult times
- Passion and drive, with a natural willingness to continue to learn
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Outstanding relationship management and negotiation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An understanding of medical, vocational and rehabilitation terminology desirable
- Deliver exceptional customer service
What are our employee benefits?
- A generous company paid life insurance and super plan
- Recognition and reward programs that acknowledge great work
- Coaching, mentoring and training programs
- Flexible work and leave options to support study, family and lifestyle
- A focus on wellbeing including health and product discounts
At TAL, we look for people who represent our diverse Australian community; people who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community.
We offer a workplace that’s inclusive and flexible, supporting our people with options that let them make the most of their careers.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions. Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact Izelia at Izelia.Pinto@tal.com.au
Applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo background checks as part of the recruitment process.