|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Store is the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to tell our story. Are you interested in a career where you can inspire customers and make an impact while building lifelong skills? If so, we’re the place for you! Help connect customers with their passions to achieve more, through our physical and digital retail properties. Microsoft Store includes jobs in physical retail locations, digital property teams and corporate locations.
- A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and welcoming of all
- Training that will make you feel empowered to do your best work even if you aren’t a tech expert
- Career opportunities for all of our employees
- Fantastic, comprehensive and competitive benefits for full-time and part-time employees
- Gratitude & recognition for our awesome employees
- Belief that at Microsoft #WeWinAsATeam
TheBusiness Sales Specialist (BSS),is an entrepreneurial role and a member of the store leadership team that focuses on optimizing small to medium sized business sales while maintaining a current book of business along with generating new business in their local community, highlighting the value proposition of Microsoft Retail Stores.
The role will require internal drive to deliver impact and results showcasing Microsoft devices and services and along with building local partnerships in the business community that will promote brand awareness of the Microsoft Stores. The BSS must be able to manage the full life cycle sales process with all clients, utilizing CRM tools and Microsoft processes.
- Build relationships with local educational institutions, small to medium size businesses (SMB), and non-profit organizations through direct engagement in-store and offsite
- Evangelize product offerings and cross platform ecosystem integration through selling motions end-to-end and direct partnerships that build on increased utilization with devices (SMB) customers own and love
- Effectively respond to changing in-store environment, circumstances, and situations
- Ability to thrive in dynamic end-to-end direct selling situations
- Proactively respond and engage in efforts and sales activities that promote local business connectivity and solutions
Drive for Results
- Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes by using effective approaches to drive lead generation and sales results empowering our customers to achieve more
- Takes responsibility in delivering on commitments and seeks positive results that benefit the utilization of store resources and teams
- Maintain a consistent operational workflow of day to day activities with CRM utilization that delivers effective and sustainable long term client relationships
Influencing for Impact
- Continuously maintain product knowledge by learning through others along with self-educating, showcasing product and service offerings building on our #WeWinAsATeam culture
- Ensure that the store team has the tools and resources to qualify potential business leads that come into the store
- Foster relationships locally through in-store SMB events that drive networking and brand awareness within the community
- Feel empowered to engage with peers, store leaders, corporate and field team members in the development of innovative ways to make a larger footprint within the market
- Leverage established connections in the community and integrate with your local Microsoft partners to create unique leads and sales opportunities that drive recurring revenue and in-store engagement
- Partner with Community Development Specialist to create new connections through lead generation along with leveraging existing business and education contacts to engage in events hosted in-store
- 4+ years of business to business (B2B) selling experience
- 1+ year of lead generating experience
- Retail leadership experience
- Commercial sales generation and/or account management experience
- Experience in selling consumer electronics or technology solutions
- Proven success in metrics-driven, consultative sales environment
- Experience in maintaining a client relationship management database (Microsoft Dynamics CRM preferred)
- Deep understanding of Microsoft products including, but not limited to: Windows, Xbox, Windows Phone, Surface, and cross-platform services like Skype, OneDrive, OneNote, and Office and how each of those products competes in the marketplace.
- Microsoft certifications OR experience/education in technology/IT
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualification may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.