|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in cloud computing. Experience in the cloud market, competitive dynamics, and customer buying behaviors.
- Experience as an enterprise architect in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps.
- Experience in network infrastructure, security, and application development.
- Experience in building, architecting, designing and implementing distributed global cloud-based systems.
- Knowledge of technology solutions and ability to learn/understand emerging technologies/methodologies/solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
- Versed in the enterprise technology buying/evaluation process paired with an understanding of large scale computing solutions.
- Ability to deliver results and work cross-functionally. Ability to engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As part of the Customer Engineering organization in Google Cloud, Enterprise Architects lead cross-functional teams of experts to help customers design, plan, implement, and govern enterprise cloud strategies.
As an Enterprise Cloud Architect, you will embody executive level qualities, lead the conversation and direct the execution of the sales team by combining both technical vision and business insight. You will partner heavily with Value Engineering in order to articulate the true total value of each technical solution and the overall business partnership with Google Cloud.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Build a trusted advisory relationship with strategic accounts and engage with Architects, VP engineering, and C-level, and identify customer priorities, technical objections and design strategies encompassing the entire Google ecosystem to deliver business value and resolve blockers.
- Provide domain expertise around public cloud and enterprise technology, and effectively promote Google Cloud with customers, at conferences, and online.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.
- Manage the holistic enterprise architecture relationship with customers by collaborating with specialists, product management, engineering, and more.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.