|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Services helps customers realise their potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. As an important part of the Services organisation, the Business Productivity (BP) practice helps drive cloud adoption and subject matter expertise aligned with customer business needs. Our end goals are to help the customers to reduce their IT operational risks, service modernisation in support of Digital Transformation, increased customer satisfaction, and confidence in the Microsoft platform and services.
Microsoft Services Business Productivity Domain is looking for a Senior Premier Field Engineer with a mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen. This role is challenging and diverse and requires an awareness of market and industry trends, and ongoing personal and professional development. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a passionate and dynamic practice in an organisation striving to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This role helps drive and support service transformation in enterprise organisations through pre-defined Premier Support offerings, as well as longer-term support engagements as a Designated Support Engineer (DSE).
The PFE role is primarily focused on the delivery of high quality services and requires deep technology knowledge and the ability to map customer business problems to process-combined-with-technology solutions. Responsibilities include delivering Premier led engagements; providing subject matter expertise for large enterprise customers; conducting service/risk assessments; and assist with designing, developing and implementing solutions to drive transformation aligned to Business Productivity concepts and principles.
The candidate must have a passion for the customer, demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience. This person must also be able to deliver articulate and effective strategic presentations to audiences of all sizes as well as CxO level audiences. The role requires an individual who is resourceful and confident under pressure.
The role requires the ability to conduct short and medium term engagements as well as deliver workshops and training courses. In addition, as a subject matter expert, the PFE is required to provide internal and direct sales support, as well as customer advisory services. The role requires an individual who can establish relationships and actively participate in Microsoft worldwide communities. Success is measured by quality of delivery, customer satisfaction, virtual team feedback and integration, and level of sales support.
- Deliver services engagements including workshops, assessments, support programs and other Premier services
- Deliver high quality engagements in both large-scale project environments and smaller, single staffed engagement models
- Engage in IT and business executive discussions related Business Productivity principles and concepts, Digital Transformation, and overall IT Operations.
- Transfer knowledge and share best practices with team members to help enhance the quality of engagement delivery and the customer experience.
- Participate in Microsoft communities, evangelize Modern Service Management, and contribute to Intellectual Property.
- Establish effective working relationships with cross-area project teams and work through appropriate escalation channels when necessary.
- Work as “One Microsoft” to establish strong relationships with account-aligned organizations, Microsoft Services, offerings teams, and other internal resources as appropriate.
- Ideally 5 or more years of consulting and/or support engineer experience
- Ideally a BS/BA or MS/MA/MBA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience desired in IT Governance frameworks and project management framework and experiences working large government agencies.
- Experience of technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft (Azure) Active-Directory and a demonstrable ability to quickly learn and apply technology competencies.
- To be successful in this role the candidate would need to be passionate about making a difference, be able to work autonomously and as part of an extended team, conduct themselves with integrity, courage, and professionalism as they aspire to a trusted advisor status with customers and partners.
- Communication is a key attribute of this role and the candidate will need effective and demonstrable written, verbal, and presentations skills; with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization from line management through to the CIO. IT service management concepts can be abstract and the candidate should be sufficiently confident and articulate to describe, as well as adopt and drive a Microsoft mindset.
- Good to have: Clearance Verification-This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.