|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Strategy & Planning Lead operates as the right hand of the Regional General Manager for the Ridesharing business in Australia & New Zealand sets a strategic north star, owns the bi-annual business planning process, and champions high priority projects. Leveraging operational and analytical experience from challenging environments in the past, this role will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We’re looking for someone who can set a vision and can solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details. This role will work across many functions and teams, in the region and at both our domestic and international headquarters.
The S&P Lead will be a member of the ANZ Rides Leadership team and will manage the ANZ Strategy & Planning team. The Lead will also be part of the Regional S&P team (ANZ and North Asia) and will contribute to deliver growth in the broader region.
The right person for this role should have exceptional problem solving skills (e.g. structured thinking, project scoping, analytics), proven ability to manage stakeholders across various levels of a complex organisation, the ability to clearly communicate and present information, and a passion for developing and coaching people.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the strategic agenda for the Australia & New Zealand Rideshare businesses (set strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and share best practices.)
- Manage local S&P team - delivering selected key strategic projects
- Coordinate offshore data & analytics capability centre
- Provide thought leadership to Uber General Manager and Leadership team
- Be THE go to person for many key initiatives across all parts of the business (Policy, Legal, Communications, Community Operations, etc…)
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 7 years of top tier consulting / investment banking / strategy or related experience
- Strong problem solving skills with proven ability to tackle large and complex problems through the use of frameworks and analytics (Excel/data management skills and general financial acumen are required)
- Clear communication style; You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights. You can adapt your communication style as your audiences span across all parts of the business (from global leadership to technical / operational team members)
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills; You’ll mobilise and engage all parts of the business across multiple orgs, levels, and geographies. You will build strong relationships and foster collaboration
- Commercial acumen, easy with numbers, building business cases and navigating P&Ls
- Ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution; we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Takes initiative and operates with a high level of ownership and autonomy ; biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You’re constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness; You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on. You persevere when others fall away.