|Job Type:||Full Time|
Functional Area: DGS
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: up to 10%
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Great Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are now looking for a 5G Packet Core Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for our customers. The successful candidate will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical leadership for 5G, Packet Core, Cloud/NFV, and automation - CI/CD solutions
- Act as Solution Architect role both in pre-sales & delivery phases of a customer engagement for Packet Core solution
- Support Key Account Managers and Engagement Practices to handle customer requirement, prepare tender documentation, business cases, and engage with customers during pre-sales through the implementation and conclusion of project
- Placed at the centre of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with Product Units, Systems Integration teams as well as Customer, Technical, Marketing and Business Development teams
- Lead and contribute with presentations and discussion in customer workshops, providing Cloud business solutions and technical expertise
- Share and transfer knowledge, presenting to others on the latest solutions and new releases
- Sell competitive products/service solutions through a consultative approach, focusing on customer needs
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering/ICT or equivalent
- Three or more years’ experience interacting with C-level customers
- 10 years' of experience as a Solution Architect in Packet Core
- Proven experience in cloud domain, 5G packet core, CI/CD, automation and VNFs onboarding
- Ability to build and improve strong working relationships with both technical and business partners
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal and ability to break down solutions with different diagram techniques
- Technical delivery across the entire software lifecycle
- Solid understanding of the web: protocols, web architectures, infrastructure, load balancing and high availability and designing for horizontal scale
- Strong Linux knowledge with hands-on experience on technologies
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here:https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.