|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Compliance Manager to join our Compliance Monitoring team, covering assurance, governance and reporting. This role supports ING by identifying, monitoring, and reporting on local compliance and Head Office obligations.
You will be proactive in developing, managing and maintaining a best practice compliance monitoring framework for all products and services offered by ING. This is a varied and hands on role that requires the ability to identify issues quickly and co-ordinate for acceptable outcomes with all relevant stakeholders.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring compliance with local and Head Office obligations and key compliance policies. This includes maintaining, developing and executing our monitoring program, coordinating reporting into governance forums, and the implementation of key compliance-owned policies. You will ensure that each business unit within ING remains in compliance with applicable laws, industry standards and internal policy without minimizing strategic business objectives.
We have a flat structure, giving you great autonomy and visibility to progress your career! This role has high impact and visibility across a range of teams, helping build capability and maturity in our management of compliance risk and supporting sustainable business growth.
What are you going to do?
- Develop and maintain our compliance monitoring programs to assess the implementation of effective compliance risk management practices, and reporting all material compliance risks.
- Ensure ongoing compliance standards are maintained, and monitor and track compliance risk items (issues, events, audit actions) and ensure timely actioning.
- Take a proactive stance in promoting and maintaining an effective and sustainable compliance culture throughout the organization.
- Provide timely reporting, analysis and insight for the Compliance function, local governance and executive forums, and Head Office.
- Day to day monitoring and reporting of compliance risks, this includes maintaining relevant restricted investment registers, conflicts and gifts and entertainment.
- Ensure that compliance procedures, systems and controls are up-to-date and effective by maintaining the compliance manual, and all compliance procedure documentation.
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified in accounting, commerce, law or other related discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry with experience in assurance, risk management, compliance or a similar field
- An understanding of key regulatory and compliance regimes associated with financial services (e.g. Banking Code of Practice)
- Ability to research and understand complex information and issues, and proactively consider alternative solutions to a problem
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to successfully influence and deal with change
- Strong to advanced Office skills, including Excel, and/or other system or data analysis skills (desirable)
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)