|Location:||Dandenong South, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
How can we improve the customer experience of public transport whilst optimising maintenance and operations cost?
How can we reduce the cost and wastage of food whilst providing adequate and healthy nutrition?
How can we optimise the life of mining equipment fleet whilst simultaneously increasing productivity?
How can we improve the experience, comfort and safety of FIFO workers on site?
If you enjoy the challenge of solving these types of questions, then keep reading.
Who We Are
Downer Digital – Data Services (D3S)
A newly formed group that is revolutionising the way Downer does business utilising cutting edge technologies such as IoT, Machine Learning, Visualisation, AI, Modern Applications and Augmented Reality supported by our custom-built state of the art cloud-based platform. You will be part of the Digital Transformation team responsible for bringing business transforming ideas to life starting from drawing out initial ideas through to putting the final product in the hands of users. You will be working across several projects already underway and delivering immense value to the Downer business.
The leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer is an ASX 100 listed company with 56,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand and beyond and is listed as a LinkedIn Top Company for 2018.
Reporting to the Manager Integration and IoT, the Integration Specialist is responsible for intercepting data from a variety of devices and source systems and translating it in a way our platform can understand and analyse it. We work with internal business systems and unit and occasionally with likeminded folk from external agencies (i.e. weather providers, government agencies etc).
- Start-up mentality with a “do what it takes attitude” towards making projects successful.
- Willing and able to learn new skills and be taken out of your comfort zone.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience working in large, complex commercial environments.
- Experience with large technology vendors and partners.
- Travel at short notice both nationally (capital cities and site visits) as well as internationally.
- Hold relevant industry certifications, tertiary qualifications or evidence of ongoing self-initiated learning.
- Bring examples of work done to your interview (documents, screenshots, live demos – sanitised version only please).
2+ years of experience in an Integration or Data focused role.
- Solution architecture frameworks, methodologies, templates and tools.
- Integration and messaging patterns required to solve enterprise scale data integration problems.
- REST/JSON API integration
- SQL and stored procedures for optimising ELT operations
Experience with or working knowledge of:
- MS Azure PaaS integration offerings such as Event & IOT Hubs, IoT Edge, Stream Analytics, API Apps.
- Big data processing technologies such as Spark, ADLA.
- IoT intelligent endpoint configuration and management.
- Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing and Analytics/Machine Learning
- Infrastructure technologies such as wireless networks, networking, firewalls servers etc.
What We Offer
Apart from a fun and diverse team we also offer:
- Strong pipeline of interesting projects across many industries
- The ability to work with cutting edge technology
- Truly flexible working hours and location
- Cross skilling and training opportunities
- Opportunity to attend vendor and industry events of interest
- Optional personal project time
Ultimately, this is an opportunity to join a truly game changing team that is focused on delivering cutting edge technology solutions with a high level of visibility within the business.
To register your interest hit "Apply now" or contact Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
(Please note: Downer does not accept applications via email)