|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ericsson Functional Area: Networks
Location: Sydney, Australia
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: less than10%
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Due to business growth, we have a newly created role for a customer facing Test Demo Project Manager to organize and run demos and trials for mobile 5G. You will have project budget responsibility and work in a matrix environment with a team including Solution Architects and System Integrators. In this role will work with project teams and the Product Development Unit (PDU) on new and emerging technologies. You will need to be able to effectively prioritise your time and leverage relationships to establish multiple projects and hardware/solution trials while demonstrating business value to the customer.
To be successful in this role you will have experience delivering on-time and on-budget and will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You will have a demonstrated a track record for establishing very good stakeholder relationships and managing short lead times. You will have also established high performing projects teams in a matrix environment.
- Establish the project plan baseline: define project scope, secure the necessary resources and plan and monitor all activities
- Organise and run demo trials on mobile 5G
- Have a focus on continuous learning across a cutting edge product range
- Establish strong relationships with the customer, internal stakeholders and the Product Development Unit (PDU)
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with other Project Managers and teams in the new product introduction space
- Handle project finances, reporting and milestones
- Have a keen understanding of customer and stakeholder requirements
- Demonstrate business value through effective presentation to the customer
As Our Ideal Candidate, You Will Have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Project Management or equivalent role
- Experience project managing multiple test demos and presenting to customers
- Domain experience in Telco with a solid understanding of Mobile
- Involvement in new product development
- Customer facing PM experience
- Experience leading project teams in a matrixed organization
- Financial acumen & analysis skills to ensure the project is profitable
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here:https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.