|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Manager, Business Controls
What are you going to do?
- Reporting directly to the Head of Planning and Operations, this Senior Manager role is an integral role in the 1st Line of Defence, supporting our Retail Tribes in the identification and management of non-financial risk, (operational, regulatory and compliance).
- Acting as 2IC within the team, you will be given the autonomy to manage relationships with other senior stakeholders from the Retail business, acting as trusted adviser on Risk as it relates to secured and unsecured lending products (Mortgages, Credit Cards, Personal loans etc.)
- Working with a supportive team and in collaboration with our 2nd LOD, you will lead periodic reviews of the Retail business and their products to ensure maintenance of our risk profile and compliance with policy and regulatory obligations. You’ll develop and maintain our business risk profile, monitor &track the actioning of issues, events and audit matters and advise teams on Risk in Change.
- The role has high impact and visibility across a range of business teams, helping to build capability and maturity as we drive sustainable business growth. You will support the business in controls testing and assurance activities to guide controls design to ensure effective Enterprise Risk Management
- Building networks across the bank (and at times externally with industry bodies), you will have opportunities to participate and lead regulatory change activities
- Play a leadership role in the Retail Business Controls Office, helping our team to build the tools, training materials and reporting required, as we scale up operations at a very exciting time in ING Australia’s growth story.
What are we looking for? You’ll have…
- 10+ years of experience in Retail Banking/ Financial Services risk management, either within 1st or 2nd Line
- Product team experience (in a product or embedded risk management role) across Retail Mortgages, Consumer Lending (Credit Cards/ Personal Loans) or Business Lending products
- An understanding of key regulatory and compliance regimes associated with credit products and Retail Banking products such as; AML/ KYC, Responsible Lending, Privacy, Banking Code of Practice, Consumer Credit Code etc.
- Previous experience in a Risk or Compliance role (Financial or Non-Financial) has sound knowledge of banking products, channels, systems and processes and a passion for learning and developing deep expertise
- A reputation for being able to add value across a breadth of teams and stakeholders at different levels
- Skills in problem solving, with a can-do attitude and a pragmatic and commercial approach
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile - for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you're joining a team where individuality isn't just accepted, it's encouraged. We've built a culture that's fun, friendly and supportive - it's the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We're here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there's plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you've never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply - likewise if you're living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you'd feel at home? We'd love to hear from you.