|Job Type:||Full Time|
Product Manager – Integration & Partnerships
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
This role will be responsible for working with the Integration Program, institutional trustee/investment partners and internal stakeholders to support in management of the Asteron Life and Superannuation Limited (ALSL) portfolio of legacy closed investment insurance products (CIIPs) and manage the delivery of strategic product and partnership initiatives within the Investments, Retirement and New Propositions Team. This includes co-ordinating existing superannuation trustee/wealth platform partnerships, developing and implementing partnership product roadmaps and leading joint-product development activity with external partners.
Success in this role will require a good technical understanding of the superannuation/investment regulatory environment and high levels of collaboration with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing existing trustee relationships including across the portfolio of Asteron products and an existing portfolio of insurance/risk-only superannuation products Facilitate and manage resolution of any escalated issues which arise in relation to external partner products
- Working with the Integration Program, Product, Finance and Investment Governance teams to ensure administration and investment arrangements via the Trustee are appropriately managed. This includes taking ownership of the technical and regulatory aspects of the products.
- Maintaining an oversight of legal arrangements including pertaining to the CIIPs business, such as relevant Trustee Administration Deeds, Transition Services Arrangements (TSA) and Investment Management Agreements.
- Supporting the Integration Program on engaging with the Trustee throughout a period of significant change and activity including attendance at Board/Committee meetings as required and securing Trustee approval on various change initiatives (including the Part 9 transfer)
- Managing the impacts of regulatory changes and business updates to joint-product/contractual arrangements
- Co-ordinating the preparation of the quarterly management trustee reporting and attestations
- Developing and executing strategic product/partnership plans with our key external partners (incl. wealth platforms, super trustees and investment managers)
- Engaging with external partners to identify and explore opportunities to deliver joint-product solutions
- Leading product co-development initiatives with external partners, for example regarding innovative retirement income solutions and wholesale/white-label investment propositions.
- Working with the Distribution team on adviser/customer engagement and agreeing go-to-market plans for new product initiatives
- Project co-ordination to facilitate the implementation of new product/partnership initiatives (incl. preparing board approvals, contractual arrangements and IT prioritisation)
- Working with the broader Product and Pricing teams to co-ordinate the provision of product / financial analysis to support strategic decisions and due diligence processes
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of 7+ years experience working in financial services, product and partnerships
- Experience with jointly issued or white labelled products preferred (but not mandatory)
- CA, CPA or CFA qualification preferred (but not mandatory)
- Experience in product management and/or external partnership management experience
- Solid technical understanding of superannuation and investment products, including their legal and regulatory requirements
- Strong stakeholder relationship skills and ability to work with all functional areas of the business, project delivery, technology teams and external partners.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment is vital
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions. Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact Kirsty Donnelly – Kirsty.email@example.com