Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Section Lead – Water Resources, you will be a key member of our Water Resources team based in Brisbane. You will be responsible for providing technical support for projects in a range of sectors including Transportation, Water, and Mining, Oil & Gas – all areas where we have a significant existing and forward pipeline of work.
You will typically support\:
- Flooding assessments and design for major infrastructure projects
- Dam hydrology, dambreak and consequence assessments
- Water resources development and feasibility studies
- Project, package and task management
Essential Skills and Qualifications required for the role\:
- Relevant Engineering Degree
- Intermediate level experience in flood modelling and/or water resources. This may include the use of software such as\:
- Hydrologic modelling (RAFTS, WBNM, URBS, RORB)
- Hydraulic modelling including 2D modelling (TUFLOW, MIKE-21)
- Water resources modelling (GoldSim, IQQM, Source)
- Ideally some experience working on linear infrastructure or dams projects within Queensland
- Working towards RPEQ accreditation
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs. #LI-HC2
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Please note\: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.