Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Our Buildings & Infrastructure line of business has access to 10,000 professionals across the globe. Our team of engineers, designers and planners work to deliver projects in Transport Planning, Roads, Rail, Bridges, Project Management, Security Services, Building Structures & Services and Asset Management Planning.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Civil/Drainage Engineer to join our Transport line of business. Some of your job responsibilities will include\:
- Assist with/undertake and lead civil design for projects in accordance with relevant Authority Standards/Australian Standards relating to\:
- road design; including alignments and geometry, intersections, signage, markings
- bulk earthworks modelling
- minor and major system stormwater drainage design and modelling
- water and sewer reticulation
- Participate in the development of innovative design solutions and apply best practice design
- Co-ordinate with other specialist areas including highway design, pavement design, structural design, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of design reports
Key requirements for the role\:
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Bachelor) in Civil Engineering
- Experience in the planning, design and construction of civil infrastructure.
- Experience and knowledge of Australian Standards and guidelines for civil infrastructure works.
- Competent in the use of 12D
- Work Location\: Melbourne
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
It’s a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note\: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.