|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Blasting Services (DBS) provides a full range of explosives products and services to the Australian open-cut and underground mining industry. As a significant supplier, DBS can provide Total Blasting Solutions to customers. Our five manufacturing plants supply customers across multiple commodities throughout the Australian open-cut and underground mining industry.
DBS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Downer.
We are currently seeking experienced Field Technician to perform repairs and maintenance on heavy and medium road trucks with product manufacturing bodies and ancillary mobile and fixed plant in accordance with safe work procedures (SWP) and manufacturers specifications and requirements, in a safe manner.
This role will be based out of Perth and requires you to travel across various sites throughout Western Australia.
To be considered for the role you would have the following experience with:-
- Exposure, but not essential repairs of MPU's and explosive handling equipment
- Open cut mining and mine site experience
- Trade qualifications with road transport experience (AUR31116)
- Cert III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology would be advantageous
- AURKTB002, AURLTB002, AURHTB005, Brake Testing competencies
- AURHTJ003 - Remove, Inspect and Refit Heavy Vehicle Wheel and Tyre Assemblies - Highly regarded
- Auger, compressor, generator and ancillary equipment maintenance experience
- Scania and Volvo Heavy Rigid maintenance experience - Desirable
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work coupled with strong communication skills
- An unwavering commitment to the highest safety, community and environmental standards
WHAT YOU NEED
- National Police Clearance (Less than 3 months old) - Must be happy to obtain
- Valid Driver's Licence
- HR Licence (Desirable)
- Dangerous Goods Security Card or equivalent - Willing to Obtain
- Valid SSAN Clearance - Willing to obtain
WHAT WE OFFER
- An attractive roster
- Our Zero Harm Initiative - A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all of the DBS Team
- 7/7 Roster 12hr Day Shifts with camp accommodation provided
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
For further information, please contact Melanie Greenfield on (08) 6212 9523 or apply directly to this application.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPLICATIONS