|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your new role awaits
Seeking a motivated, self-starter Senior Analyst, DevOps & Automation specialist to provide WebSphere Application Server (WAS) development and support capability within the NAB Payments Integration team; one of the pillars of NAB’s product functions, and an area of significant strategic focus.
You will own the health of the WAS platform for critical Payments Integration assets, and support the team’s long-term transition to new cloud infrastructure, including the uplift of those platforms, and automation of build and deployment processes.
- Be a go-to person for Developers, QA and SRE team members for troubleshooting application server infrastructure, specifically IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
- Keep up-to-date with new tools and technologies relevant to the Service and proactively promote new tools and methodologies adoption.
- Promoting cloud-native architectures, designs and development techniques for new and existing systems.
- Design & creation of deployment tooling including CI/CD pipelines, frameworks, libraries, repositories.
- Track delivery outcomes against key performance indicators and provide reporting to the Senior DevOps & Automation Consultant.
- Production Support – the role requires the successful applicant to be on primary support for critical payments application deployments, or to address major issues.
What you will bring:
- WebSphere Application Server expertise (5+ years) including
- Creating application configuration for Databases, WebSphere MQ.
- Integration with LDAP.
- Encryption with SSL certificates.
- Scripting of various tasks using wsadmin and Jython.
- Established network and platform (*nix) skills.
- Engineering CI/CD pipeline automation, tooling (GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory, Docker, ANT, Gradle) and Compliance as code.
- Serverless, microservice & container-based pattern development.
- Integration toolsets and buses such as IBM WebSphere MQ, Apache Kafka desirable.
- SonarQube or similar desirable.
- Experience working with public cloud (AWS, Terraform preferred).
- Agile processes and tools – Jira or similar
- ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change) and tools- ServiceNow or similar
Your new team
We know that life’s about more than money. That’s why we’re so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.