|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ericsson Functional Area: DGS
Location: Sydney, Australia
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: less than 10%
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are now looking for experienced Integration Engineers to analyze, prepare, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system. Your scope of work could include the scenarios of introduction, upgrade expansion, functionality and capacity. Your work will in part form our customer legacy.
In this role, you would:
- Act as an SME during pre-sales and delivery phase of the project
- Plan product deployment and integration work
- Prepare and execute product configuration and acceptance testing
- Lead and execute product deployment, integration and expansion activities
- Lead troubleshooting activities in your specialized area
- Work with Internal and External 3PP TAC (3rd Party Vendor) (PDU – Product Unit) and lead troubleshooting activities
- Identify gaps and issues in existing processes and drive improvements
- Post-project activities (production hand over, L3 support during handover period)
- Knowledge sharing, mentoring and collaboration to help & develop peers
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Engineering (IT, Telecom)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one of the private cloud products (OpenStack or VMWare or vSphere)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in deployment, build and operation of Cloud/SDN (Software-Defined Networks) network solutions (OpenFlow/ODL or Cisco ACI or VMware NSX)
- Strong system engineering experience in Enterprise and/or Telco space.
- Solid understanding of legacy routing network protocols (BGP, OSPF), Telco (MPLS, MP-BGP, L3VPN, EVPN), HA (VRRP, Anycast, LACP, MC-LAG), Overlay (VXLAN, GRE, GRENEVE) and/or OpenFlow/OVSDB network protocols.
- Strong Linux/Unix skills. Solid understanding of main *nix services and components is required.
- Good understanding of Legacy (NFS, iSCSI) and Software Defined Storage (CEPH, VSAN) principals and components.
- Strong communication skills to translate technical procedures to customer
You may also have:
- Kubernetes and/or Docker experience and certification
- Professional certification in Private Cloud/SDN space (RHCE/RHCA, VCP-NV, CCNP etc.)
- DevOps skills, Python/Bash scripting experience
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here:https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.