|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O'Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O'Rourke banner. The business is currently delivering some of Australia's most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O'Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry and has twice been named as one of Australia's Top 10 most innovative businesses by BRW Magazine.
About the role
Laing O’Rourke are recruiting for a Quality Engineer to join our Level Crossing Removal team based on site in Lilydale, VIC.
Laing O’Rourke, as part of the South East Program Alliance (SEPA), has been awarded the contract to remove the dangerous and congested level crossing at Toorak Road and deliver a new $89M rail bridge over the road, and is also working with LXRP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and Jacobs to develop and deliver value-for-money engineering solutions for multiple level crossing removals.
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is a delivery entity created by the Victorian Government to remove 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Victoria by 2025. It is one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Victoria’s history.
Our current pipeline of works includes major station upgrades, track duplications and a range of other critical rail infrastructure works.
- Assist with the implementation of the project Quality Plan and the development of quality related deliverables within the Project Deliverables Plan.
- Assist engineering staff in preparing Inspection & Test Plans (ITP’s), inspection & test records and checklists.
- Establish, implement, evaluate and administer quality control programs to address project deliverables.
- Assist the Project Quality Manager by reviewing and verifying compliance of QA records and deliverables of the contract prior to being incorporated into the Manufacturer’s Data Report (MDR).
- Assist the Project Quality Manager in preparing and carrying out of audits on suppliers, subcontractors and production to ensure satisfactory implementation of applicable management systems and compliance to specified contract deliverables.
- Organises NDT inspections (if required) and coordinate results with NATA accredited organisations.
- Implement approved QMS system changes to the Project.
You will have
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Discipline (Civil / Mechanical / Electrical) or Construction Management with Chartered Professional Engineer status or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of related technical experience within a infrastructure project delivery environment.
- Technical knowledge to interpret drawings, specifications and quality records
- Previous experience with Project Document Management Systems such as Asite
- Internal Auditor Qualification
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.