|Job Type:||Full Time|
Product Owner – Group
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
This Product Owner opportunity will require you to help drive key decisions on strategic roadmaps, help to prioritise backlog items as well as liaising with stakeholders and coaching a small team. This is a hands on role that will require the Product Owner to get involved in the detail along with the bigger picture planning and overall accountability.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing the team’s backlog:
- Clearly expressing Product Backlog items
- Ordering the items in the Product backlog to best achieve goals and missions
- Ensuring the value of the work the Development Team performs;
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all
- Shows what the POD Team will work on next
- Ensuring the Development Team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed.
- Preparation and active participation in Pl Planning, including a thorough understanding of business/PI priorities so this scan dictate the team backlog priorities
- Level 1 vendor management responsibilities
- Iteration Execution:
- Backlog Refinement at both Feature and Story level.
- Iteration Planning and Prioritisation ensuring a constant flow of ‘Ready’ user stories for sprints
- Assisting in writing and developing acceptance criteria, Acceptance stories
- Document and execute test cases where required
- Participate in Team reviews (demo) and retrospectives
- Platform Execution – syncing up with other POD’s to ensure dependencies/ priorities are coordinated
- Inspect and adapt to identify improvement stories, at PI system demo for stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will have:
Must have strong Investments and Super Product Experience
- Experienced in effectively leading a team
- Excellent Stakeholder Management
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent Attention to Detail
- Strong ability to Influence
- Ability to seek out and drive processes improvements
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions. Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org