|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Are you interested in carrying out innovative, impactful research in cyber security?
- Do you have a PhD in computer science, mathematics, or information technology?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
This is an exciting role that will help shape the effectiveness of the cyber security of critical infrastructure in Australia through applied research and development. The successful candidate will work closely with the research, industry and government participants in the Cyber Security CRC and DATA6 's Research in Distributed Systems Security.
In the role of research scientist in Cyber Security CRC, you will focus on a particular research theme of the CRC (See www.cscrc.org.au for further details).
- Privacy-Preserving and Topic-Driven Deceptive Documents
- ML-based Deceptive Network Traffic
- ML-based Deceptive/Plausible Users Data Artefacts
- ML-based Deceptive System Files
- ML-based Deceptive User Avatar
The successful candidate will collaborate in developing a stream of research and development that contributes to high quality journal articles acceptable to high impact journals and continually seek to develop skills, experience, and research impact, with the objective of becoming a leading expert in the field.
You will be expected to conduct research in the area of security automation, and application/software security, leading to reputed international publications such as IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, NDSS, Usenix Security, or similar conferences.
- Under the direction of CRC theme leader and project leader carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to cyber security that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Provide leadership in supervising postdoctoral fellows and PhD students.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals.
- Prepare appropriate conference papers and present those at conferences.
- Provide leadership to the development of innovative concepts and ideas for further research.
- Make a contribution to the effective functioning of the research team and help deliver CRC's organisational objectives and plans.
Location: Canberra, ACT or Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
- A doctorate in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, mathematics, or information technology and a few years working experience after PhD
- Proven ability to conduct high quality research, development and implementation in cybersecurity such as network and systems security, application of ML in security, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of publications in top tier security conferences and journals.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of CSCRC stakeholders and students.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Open until filled