- Opportunity to take on large amounts of responsibility early in your career
- Variety of work and career development opportunities
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiaitves
We are looking for a Senior Consultant within the Advisory, Internal Audit team in our Melbourne office. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
Your key responsibilities
- You can expect to work with top tier clients, addressing compliance, financial, operational and strategic risks
- You will assess the client’s current state processes and controls and identify opportunities to mitigate risk as well as improve process efficiency, effectiveness and business performance.
- You will perform internal control testing and prepare reports with our findings and recommendations.
- You will be responsible for working on multiple client engagements and across diverse teams.
Skills and attributes for success
- Participating in internal audit and other risk advisory engagements including a variety of compliance and performance improvement focused reviews.
- Collating observations, preparing work papers, determining and agreeing recommendations for improvement and reporting to key client stakeholders, including senior management
- You will work with the team and client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and an internal audit approach that complies with professional standards. You will help clients to understand and manage risk and validate the effectiveness of the underlying control environment.
- You will demonstrate a thorough understanding of compliance, financial, operational and strategic risks across a variety of industries, along with experience in developing internal audit plans, engagement scopes and performing internal controls testing.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member by sharing responsibility, developing and coaching junior staff, delegating to others, providing support, communicating effectively and updating senior team members on progress.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A minimum of 3 years experience ideally working for a blue chip, government or professional services organisation as an Internal Auditor.
- Demonstrated experience in Internal Audit including both compliance and performance improvement focused reviews.
- Exceptional time management, communication and report writing skills.