- Variety of work and career development opportunities
Work with iconic government and industry clients
Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
We are seeking an experience Data Engineer for our Data Analytics team in Canberra office. This role is offered on a full-time basis.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders (both internal and external) to understand their business requirements to identify their challenges with data that can be addressed using various Analysis techniques
- Actively participate and lead sales pursuits and business development opportunities for wider data and analytics projects
- Be able to clearly explain data and analytics strengths and weaknesses to both technical and senior business stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong effective working relationships with key management personnel and internal client base including data engineers, BA’s and directly with the services/businesses
- Be a part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients and work with an awesome team of people to work with and access to cutting edge technologies
- Present data in graphs, charts, tables, etc. and designing and developing relational databases for collecting data
- Keep a track of trends, patterns and correlation in case of complex data sets
- Be involved in all aspects of the Project life-cycle, including Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture and Implementation in order to gain maximum exposure to set you up for a successful consulting career
We’re looking for people with strong Consulting experience. You will need passion for a career in data analytics, where you will provide a consultative service on a variety of data driven decision making projects within a fast-passed consulting environment.
As a skilled Data Engineer, you bring hands-on experience in databases and SQL and software development in languages such as Python, Java, PL/SQL etc.
- Experienced in delivering modern data platform solutions, data governance, architecture frameworks and processes
- Proven track record in either consulting in a data/information modelling environment in any government department is a plus
- Previous experience with various tools and technologies for big data
- Good understanding and experience with the traditional data warehouse architecture principles
- Ability to lead a team and collaborate with other business units
- A good team player who shows flexibility and a pro-activeness to deliver on relevant outcomes
- Exposure to data / data environments / databases / large data sets
- Strong problem solver, someone unhappy with the status quo
- Analytical mind set / someone that challenges assumptions
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Public Sector Experience in Canberra will be high regarded
As this role is within a Federal Government client of EY, only Australian Citizens can be considered.
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects