|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking exceptional talent versed in Microsoft, OSS, and cloud technologies for a rare opening in Microsoft’s Cloud & Enterprise Azure Customer Advisory Team in Australia (aka C&E AzureCAT). While a part of Microsoft’s engineering organization under Scott Guthrie, this small global team works closely with select customers on the largest, most complex, challenging, and impactful Cloud projects. The charter is simple and clear – to ensure customer success on the Azure platform, and to drive relevant feedback and learnings directly into the Azure product engineering teams.
The candidate must have a good grasp of the technical disciplines of distributed computing, networking, storage and development, ideally in a cloud context, and he/she must be equally confident in leading architectural discussions with customers or diving deep into internal engineering debates.
In this role, you will act as an application architect and trusted engineering advisor working across the entire portfolio of Azure services, regardless of language or platform. This is your opportunity to engage with and help leading Australian organizations with their journey to the Cloud and make a positive impact to Microsoft’s cloud platform.
- Work with strategic customers as an advisory architect on engineering Azure solutions of significant scale, volume, and complexity
- Work with Azure Engineering Teams to deliver feedback and convey gaps or learnings observed during customer engagements
- Create and share high quality technical guidance and artifacts based on project experiences and learnings
- Handle escalation requests for guidance from Microsoft’s field teams and work directly with Azure engineering to remove technical blockers
- Staying abreast of new Azure services, and features
- Hands on experience with architecting and designing distributed or cloud solutions with significant scale, volume, and complexity
- Ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business and technical needs and priorities
- Ability to deal with technical challenges, solve problems, and make tough decisions/recommendations to customers
- Excellent communicator, and able to present to audiences in a clear and effective manner, at various levels of technical depth (from a CxO to a developer)
Experience and Qualification:
- The candidate will have 5+ years of cloud and/or distributed application development experience, preferably with a mix of architecture, technical lead and IC developer roles
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a college/university of national repute
- Strong track record of delivering services and/or shipping products
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, AWS, or GCP is highly desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.