|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure engineering team (Azure CAT) is seeking a Principal PM Manager with a “can do” attitude, a passion for building and managing a great team, and a commitment to help build the best Cloud business on the planet.
The team’s mission is to accelerate partner’s adoption of the Microsoft Cloud platform.
This role represents a strong opportunity to have direct impact on both our Cloud products & strategy, and our customer’s success.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing and developing a technical team in customer facing roles, has had success leading technical and economic value discussions with senior customer executives, and driven key decisions and implementation. The success of this role depends on collaboration with generalists and specialists in the MSFT field and delivery teams (including partners, services, product engineering), as well as peer teams in engineering.
This position is non-location specific. Some travel will be required ~20%.
Manage a team of high performing technically focused individuals.
Manage a portfolio of customer & partner engagements to achieve maximum impact for engineering and customers
Provide authoritative technical guidance to field resources, partners, and customers
Documenting and sharing best practices / insights with engineering and the architect community
Provide technical thought leadership to engineering, marketing, and sales teams
Azure CAT resources know their customer’s businesses and the industries they operate in, and what Microsoft can bring to the table to the benefit of the customer. They are also acutely aware of important regional trends in industry, technology, business demographics, and the competitive landscape (business and technology).
They also share a common set of characteristics that drive innovation and value for engineering and our customers:
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances across the organization, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of engineering, and customers
- Recognized as thought leaders and mentors
- Situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from a business and technology perspective
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic design and delivery
Empathy, curiosity, desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for impact
- The broad scope of responsibility for this role requires a solid understanding of both business and technology strategy, a principled approach to broader architectural and design challenges, and a strong grasp of solution scenarios and patterns, as well as strong people and leadership skills
- Ability to recruit, retain, and develop diverse high talent individuals.
- Thorough understanding of Cloud computing technologies, industry and business drivers, in addition to emerging computing trends.
- Current Azure experience & competitor Cloud platform experience highly desirable
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and influencing engineering teams
- Problem-solving mentality and leadership leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer and for the organization (i.e. think through workarounds, evaluate risk of various deployment options, etc.)
- Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations
- Executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills, good listener, ability to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table and be an advocate of Microsoft’s vision and value proposition.
- Success in consultative and/or technical leadership (e.g. architect) with sophisticated and complex customers and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.