|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This role will initially be based in Germany (either in Hamburg or Unterlüß) for one (1) year and will then transfer to our Military Vehicle Centre of Excellence Facility in Brisbane, Australia.
The Turret Mechanical Engineering Lead is a professional engineer who will be required to use their working knowledge of mechanical interfaces of the Turret sub-system into the wider system design including key physical interfaces such as turret rings, Slip Rings, swept envelopes and general volumetric management. This role will lead a team of engineers and technical specialists.
Some of your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Ability to use or familiarity with NX and the ability to control and manage the baseline design within a PLM environment.
- Management of a team of Engineers and Designers including interfacing with Speciality subject matter experts for FEA, Human Factors, Safety, Environmental and Legislation.
- Undertake system level trades and balances to determine optimum physical architectural design within the system design boundaries for the vehicle.
- Undertake system level analysis through to specification of sub-system requirements into the design team or into sub-contractors.
- Understanding of weight management and ability to identify and implement weight saving opportunities
- Development of physical interface requirements specifications between Hull, Turret, Weapon and Survivability subsystems.
- Familiarity with safety standards and requirements for the design and qualification of safety related systems.
- Support planning of Turret development including prioritisation of design resource.
- Identify key risks, issues and develop mitigations as necessary.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Transparency. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering.
- Hold or working towards Chartered Professional Engineer status with Engineers Australia (advantageous).
- More than 15 years including significant experience in physical architecture and mechanical design of turret systems.
- Working knowledge of lethality, survivability, weapon and sighting systems.
- Ability to use requirements management software (DOORS).
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined team of engineering and technical staff.
- Previous Defence Industry experience in delivering complex platforms/systems is beneficial.
- Ability to travel interstate and internationally when required.
- Be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance (NV1) and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment screening.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Opportunity to work in Germany
This role will initially work in Germany for one year and then transfer permanently to Brisbane, Australia. Our team will support and guide you through the transfer every step of the way including advice for living in Germany, detailed guides, tax support, removal services, booking your travel (i.e. flights) and a support service is provided to you for emergency and medical assistance whilst living in Germany. Our HR team in Germany will also be there to assist with your visa, engage a local relocation vendor to assist with the home search and orientation activities, facilitate German language training as well as arrange your temporary accommodation upon arrival in Germany.
What's on offer?
- Attractive Remuneration package, salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their immediate families overall wellbeing.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Wepon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.