WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The rework mechanic is required to work independently to complete investigation, diagnostics, and repairs for vehicles in accordance with technical instructions, engineering drawing, quality standards and WHS requirements.
You can also anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Diagnose faults and complete required repairs for the Land 121 MAN Vehicles as required to meet the program delivery requirements
- Complete re-work and repair tasks on parts and vehicle systems in accordance with approved engineering instructions
- Build, fabricate, modify and maintain the required tooling, equipment, and assembly aids required for the build process
- Maintain the safe and efficient storage of required parts, tools and equipment; and carry out work tasks in accordance with WHS and safety requirements
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Transparency. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Certificate III in Automotive (Mechanical – Heavy Vehicle Road Transport) – essential;
- Current HRWL (LF) – not essential;
- Current HR License – essential;
- Gain security clearance commensurate to Australian Defence Force base access – essential;
- Experience on European trucks;
- Knowledge and experience in trucks and automotive systems and components;
- Good knowledge of automotive tools and how to safely use them, i.e. power an pneumatic tools;
- Demonstrated understanding and the ability to apply quality control techniques;
- Sound oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and an organised approach to work including time management;
- A high level of self-motivation, initiative, the ability to work unsupervised and willingness to participate and contribute as part of a team;
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals, technical documents and drawings; and
- Be able to perform physical tasks of the position including but not limited to bending, lifting and carrying, manual labouring and use of hand tools.
- Demonstrated experience working within a complex environment, including multiple stakeholders, understanding of technical information and multiple logistics channels
- Sound computer MS skills
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Attractive Remuneration package, salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their immediate families overall wellbeing.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Wepon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
0438 833 043