|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new job that gives you excellent future prospects? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
RDA are supporting the Defence Science and Technology Group (DSTG) in a project (“Bright Fox”) to better understand and model the information processing of high performing Army commanders as they solve tactical planning problems.
As part of this research, two sizeable datasets of unstructured and semi-structured text input have been generated, with one (Dataset A) capturing written thoughts from commanders as they work through tactical problems and the other (Dataset B) forming a large collection of documents and sources potentially relevant to commanders as they solve tactical problems. The data engineer will support the automated analysis and exploitation of both datasets as part of the Bright Fox project.
The duties and responsibilities of the Data Engineer include:
- Gaining familiarity with existing RDA systems and research findings from the Bright Fox Project
- Working with RDA and DSTG staff to identify objectives and system requirements for the analysis of Dataset A.
- Identifying suitable NLP, text mining and topic modelling approaches to support the analysis of Dataset A.
- Writing software to implement and rapid prototype these approaches on Dataset A.
- Working with RDA and DSTG staff to identify objectives and system requirements for the exploitation of Dataset B, likely with particular focus on developing Question and Answer/relevant tract retrieval systems operating on the corpus as part of a broader Decision Support System.
- Supporting the development of ontologies, knowledge structures and pre-processing pipelines to aid the exploitation of Dataset B.
- Supporting the development of Graphical User Interfaces and interactive concepts for making the Dataset B search capability available for Army users.
- Writing software to implement and rapid prototype these approaches on Dataset B.
- Working with RDA and DSTG staff to support system testing with Army personnel.
- Completion of assigned analysis and design tasks of varying size and complexity under the supervision of the assigned Project Manager
- Customer liaison
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Comply with RDA policies and improvements
- Contribute to business improvement/quality programs and enterprise risk management activities
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Transparency. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Demonstrated knowledge and past experience working with contemporary NLP, topic modelling, text mining and text retrieval technologies.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in computer science, software engineering, or other area where relevance and expertise for the required task is able to be demonstrated.
- Demonstrated software engineering skills, including for Graphical User Interface Development.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a research and development environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with new technologies while making sound engineering judgements and managing time and technical risk.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a development team and communicate with stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of technologies related to word and sentence level embeddings in semantic space, including as they relate to text processing and retrieval.
- Knowledge of databases and database management.
- Ability to gain security clearance.
- Willingness to work in a defence environment.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance (Baseline or higher).
Additionally, it would be advantageous to have:
- Knowledge of TensorFlow (Highly desirable)
- Knowledge of Army operations at combat-team level and below
- Existing NV1 Clearance
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Attractive Remuneration package, salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their immediate families overall wellbeing.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Wepon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
0438 833 043