|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Operations Manager
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
Leading a team of Technical Subject Matter Experts and Service Consultants, you will be responsible for the delivery of service against key metrics (SLA and Quality), while also driving a high performance culture within the team. The Senior Operations Manager role may also include the Active Operations Management (AOM) champion for Customer, Operations and Underwriting Services and will work closely will all business units to ensure ongoing growth and success.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing day to day workflow to ensure meeting set KPI targets (SLA’s and quality)
- Supporting and driving knowledge share between our onshore and offshore teams to deliver on our on service promise
- Working with Technical training team to identify knowledge gaps and create plans to address any issues
- Ensuring day to day compliance requirements are met, as per TAL guidelines with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information and develop frameworks to monitor this when quality checking
- Identifying, investigating and managing compliance incidents. Undertaking root cause analysis and providing feedback / findings to leadership team
- Managing stakeholder (internal and external) relationships
- Using and adopting AOM methodology and tools to plan and deliver against targets
- Proactively identifies customer issues and opportunities to resolve them
- Giving frequent, positive and constructive feedback to team members
- Setting goals, timeframes and priorities based on strategy. Encourages others to use systems and processes properly
- Shows strong ownership of strategy and business deliverables, ensuring agile delivery of agreed actions by self and others
- Exploring solutions to improve effectiveness and productivity across the team
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong written, oral and public speaking capability across all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Good attention to detail and a rigorous focus on delivering quality output
- A minimum of 2+ years in leading a high performing team
- Strong technical knowledge of Life Insurance and / or Superannuation business
- Substantial experience and successful track record of delivering business change and improved business processes within a complex business transformation programme
- Displays a strong customer service attitude in everyday responsibilities
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions. Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact Kirsty Donnelly – Kirsty.email@example.com