|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Xero design function- Who are we?
We’re a diverse group of 60+ working across Xero’s products in five locations in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. The design team is a vital part of Xero’s success and our product makes a meaningful difference in the lives and businesses of more than 2 million people around the world.
Where does the GM of Design come in?
The GM Design shapes and drives the design strategy, vision, and innovation processes to help the organization create exceptional product experiences that deliver customer and business outcomes. They are responsible for the product design direction of their key portfolios as well as the operational excellence of a large, multinational team. They serve as the senior partner working with the EGMs of key portfolios and C-suite executives.
Over all, the GM Design helps scale the impact of design throughout the organization by both influence and direct responsibility. The GM Design works closely with the EGM Design and the Design Leadership Team on driving practices and initiatives together that benefit the product design org, wider product organisation and business. The GM Design builds strong relationships with all parts of the business to define viable approaches and methodologies in line with relevant industry standards and best practices.
- Create a team of high-performing product designers who work collaboratively with their team counterparts to create exceptional customer experiences that deliver business results
- Shape the user experience of our products (within the business units you support) by developing and articulating the design strategy and vision for those key portfolios
- Collaborate with your peers to build and execute a unifying customer-centric strategy that deeply integrates marketing, product and service.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders including EGMs and C-suite executives as well as internal cross-disciplinary teams to ensure quality of relationship and work product.
- Partner with Product EGMs and GMs to establish design-led process for creating product vision and roadmap.
- Alongside EGM Design and Design Leadership Team, drive practices and methodologies across the product org to support great work that delivers desired outcomes ensuring we are able to explore the problem (design-thinking) build the right things (lean), and build them right (agile)
- Advocate for data-driven product and design decisions through continuous experimentation
- Help build a culture synonymous with valuing the importance of design and the impact it can have on customer engagement and business results.
- Be a senior voice of design, both inside and outside of Xero, sharing it’s work, evangelizing its success, and articulating its vision.
- Grow brand presence and profile of design at Xero through public communication channels, events, thought-leadership
- Attract and retain a diverse and inclusive team of fantastic product designers & leaders
- Build out practices, rituals and culture within our product design organizations
- Manage team’s budget and drive operational effectiveness.
You’re ideal for this role if...
- Significant experience leading multidisciplinary design teams working on complex software.
- Demonstrable success in creating. launching, scaling, and maintaining digital products.
- Deep understanding of the design process and best practices, and proven ability to define and improve a team’s design practices
- A proven track record of hiring diverse teams, developing talent, and leading with positivity and inspiration.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, create clarity, and drive design excellence throughout the organization.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to create long-lasting trusted partnerships that enable teams to make better products and experiences
- This is a leadership role, managing a variety of stakeholders including C suite, so you’ll need strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop thoughtful documents and presentations.
- You’re an influencer - You’ll be influencing both the business and design so you’ll know how to cater to a mixed audience and speak their language
- And of course… you’re passionate about supporting, enabling and empowering the wider team.
- We never stop growing so you’ll also be responsible for helping hire our future Xeros!
But why work at Xero?
At Xero, we are rewiring the small business economy and want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice, and connections.
We see the value in work-life balance, many of us take full advantage of our flexible working arrangements, so whether you like to get a surf in before work, like to head home in time to pick up the kids or you just like working from the comfort of your own home now and then, we want to support you.
We trust you to build your career to the best of your ability and we will support your hunger to learn with training and career mentorship, to help you flourish. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks so join us and experience our awesome culture!
What are you waiting for, apply now with your CV and portfolio!
** Please note that all shortlisting will commence in the New Year