|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. With established relationships and world leading insight, we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain Assets, Infrastructure and Facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Blasting Services (DBS) provides a full range of explosives products and services to the Australian open-cut and underground mining industry. As a significant supplier, DBS can provide Total Blasting Solutions to customers. Our five manufacturing plants supply customers across multiple commodities throughout the Australian open-cut and underground mining industry. DBS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Downer.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Field Technician. This role will be to perform repairs and maintenance on heavy & medium road trucks equipped with product manufacturing bodies and ancillary mobile and fixed plant in accordance with SWP’s and manufacturers specifications & requirements, in a safe manner. This role will require you to travel and cover work on various sites in the Bowen Basin.
To be considered for the role you would have the following experience with: -
- With a preference of having exposure, but not essential in repairs of MPU’s and Explosive handling equipment
- Open cut mining & mine site maintenance experience
- Trade qualifications with road transport experience. AUR31116, Cert III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology will be an advantage
- AURKTB002, AURLTB002, AURHTB005, Brake testing competencies & AURHTJ003 remove inspect & refit heavy vehicle wheel & tyre assemblies, highly regarded
- Auger, compressor, generator and ancillary equipment maintenance experience.
- Scania and Volvo heavy rigid truck maintenance experience would be desirable
- Experience in, fault finding and field fitting and a working understanding of low voltage electrical systems (24Volt automotive and automated safety control systems.
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work coupled with strong communication skills
- An unwavering commitment to the highest safety, community and environmental standards
WHAT YOU NEED
- National Police Clearance (Less than 3 months old) or willing to obtain
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Heavy Rigid Motor Vehicle Licence (HR) would be desirable
- Dangerous Goods License (or equivalent) would be desirable
- Valid SSAN Clearance or willing to obtain
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the DBS Team
- 7/7 Roster 12 hr Day Shifts with camp accommodation provided
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
For further information, please contact Taylah Williams on Taylah.Williams@downergroup.com
Please note: You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPLICATIONS