WHAT WE DO
Calibre Group is a diversified Professional Services and Construction specialist. We provide a broad scope of engineering, consulting, construction, project delivery and management services, allowing Calibre to turn knowledge into value at every stage of the project lifecycle.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Purpose of this position is to manage the EIC (Electrical/Instrumentation/Communications) Installation Contract. In this role you will prepare scopes of work, estimates, tenders and coordinate functional engineering activities on projects to ensure they are aligned with the overall project objectives and delivery intent in accordance with the Project Management plan. You will be reporting to directly to the Project Manager. This role is based in the Perth CBD but requires regular site visits.
The duties of the role include (not limited to):
- Ensuring all electrical and instrumentation engineering project work complies with statutory and regulatory requirements and company policies and practices;
- Preparing schedules for design work and allocating physical and human resources to enable electrical and instrumentation engineering projects to be completed on time and within budget;
- Monitoring progress and initiating remedial action where required to ensure electrical and instrumentation engineering projects are completed on time and within budget;
- Providing high level technical support for all electrical and instrumentation engineering project work as required;
- Supervising preparation of preliminary and detailed designs of electrical and instrumentation engineering projects and ensuring project work complies with conditions and parameters set out in project scope of works;
- Supervising preparation of documentation for standards, procedures, safe working practices and monitoring regimes in respect of work on or around electrical and instrumentation engineering projects;
- Supervising preparation of maintenance planning for all electrical and instrumentation engineering projects;
- Liaison with other department engineers and draftspersons to ensure electrical and instrumentation project goals are met;
- And providing input to the electrical and instrumentation engineering budget and addressing any variances from budget.
WHO YOU ARE
You will be an ambitious Senior Project Engineer with 5-10 years E&I project engineering experience, minimum 1 year site experience with plant electrical installations and a minimum qualification of a Bachelor degree in Engineering (Electrical). Additionally:
- Previous design experience is desirable;
- Previous experience with large projects in the EPCM role is desirable;
- Previous iron ore project or mine site experience (Rio is desirable);
- Happy to consider individuals with a predominantly contractor background on major EPC or construction projects or Oil & Gas;
- Well organised, self-starter who can manage a range of competing priorities and projects to meet deadlines;
- Flexibility to attend site on an adhoc basis.
As our most valuable asset, we invest in our employees’ personal and professional growth. We provide a range of benefits, including ongoing professional development, on the job training, study support, leadership and management programs, competitive remuneration packages, generous employee referral incentives and a host of health and wellbeing benefits to help you thrive in our team.
If you want to join the Calibre team, APPLY NOW!