|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
We are currently seeking applications from Safety and Health (SH) Professionals.
Reporting to the Safety and Health Manager – North East Link Early Works, you will draw on your existing experience to drive our ‘One HSE Culture’ where safety underpins everything we do, working closely with our delivery team. This is a great opportunity to join a leading Tier 1 Contractor.
As SH Advisor, you will be accountable for
- Providing timely and responsible S&H service while working closely with the Safety and Health Manager
- Promoting and supporting health and safety objectives
- Mentoring and coaching personnel to drive our ‘One HSE Culture’ where Safety underpins everything we do
- Leading or assisting in investigating incidents and accidents, and responding with corrective actions
- Monitoring S&H performance and ensuring compliance with S&H policy, procedures and legislative requirements
- Conducting regular inspections and audits
- Supporting the hazard and risk identification processes, including the selection and application of suitable controls
- Conducting or facilitating safety and wellbeing educational programs
- Assisting with reporting requirements as required
- Ensuring a current understanding of all relevant legislation is maintained at all times
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Ideally, 3+ years' experience in a site-based role
- Ideally, a Diploma-level qualification in a relevant safety discipline (minimum 4 in OH&S Management required)
- Robust understanding of OHS Act and Regulations
- Significant experience in the construction or utilities industry
- Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and attention to detail
- Computer literacy
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.