|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results’ driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
The Global Development Engineering team at Splunk works on a variety of areas within Splunk’s flagship Enterprise product. The team is responsible for developing new features as well as the product enhancements. The team is also responsible for assisting customer success teams by maintaining and enhancing customer Splunk core product deployments both on premises and on Splunk Cloud.
This is an exciting engineering leadership role to lead and develop a team of passionate engineers. This team will deliver product features and enhancements as well as fixes and solutions to Splunk’s customers with rapid turn around time and raise customer satisfaction. We are looking for a leader that has both strong technical abilities and experience building relationships with the Customer Success, Support and the Field organization. Furthermore, the manager will play a vital role in helping shape the organisation into a Cloud First model by working closely with product management and other engineering teams to build and enhance the Splunk product in terms of new features with quality, diagnosibility and usability at the forefront. Additionally, this role extends to Splunk Sydney establishing a Product organisation site lead to represent engineering including SRE and QA.
Responsibilities: “I want to and can do that!”
- Lead a team of C/C++ engineers and serve as coach, mentor and technical adviser.
- Working closely with the rest of the leadership and product management team on product strategy and roadmap refinement.
- Mentoring, developing, and leading scrum teams
- Play a part in the diagnosis of complex problems encountered by Splunk’s customers
- Lead the creation of features and product releases by being closely involved with the product development, design, and review.
- CI/CD is a top priority for us as we build upon our Cloud First strategy. A successful manager will champion code quality among the team by actively participating in code reviews, test plan development, and holding ourselves accountable for writing appropriate automated tests.
- Work closely with developers and architects on technical decisions throughout the development lifecycle.
- Work with other team leads from across the product organization on inter-area projects, help identify the critical paths of components, and resolve dependencies.
- Hold regular 1:1s with direct reports, help them navigate challenges, and coach them for their career development.
- Lead the team in evaluating future releases for diagnosability, maintainability and serviceability
- Plan & implement strategies to help team align with the organisational goals
Requirements: “I’ve already done that or have that!”
- Extensive experience in a combination of Engineering and customer product engineering leadership roles
- Able to build teams by attracting talent in a fiercely competitive. Environment
- Experience in developing, debugging and maintaining scalable enterprise software solutions, including issues with threading, network and disk IO, data transformations, data integrity, systems management, systems administration, monitoring
- Experienced in collaborating with remote teams
- Proven track record of being hands-on who is willing to get hands dirty when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying