|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, partners, having fun and helping each other be successful. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results’ driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a phenomenal team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing! As a Splunk Partner Sales Engineer (SE), you’ll be the primary technical resource for our partners who continue to innovate with Splunk and deliver successful outcomes for our clients who span across all business sectors and sizes.
As part of our focus to invest in the capabilities and drive revenue through our partner business, we are on the look out for a Senior Sales Engineer to be Splunk evangelist in our awesome partner community, develop and build relationships, motivate innovation and deliver technical enablement that will generate revenue within our partners across ANZ with a focus on MSP. This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions and has a thriving and vibrant partner community. Splunk Partner SEs must be able to answer technical questions from customers and partners regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers and partners on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows
- Willing to travel to visit partners, prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer and partner work when required in ANZ.
- Strong experience working in a Partner environment, and supporting activities such as technical enablement and managing partner engineers
- Experience in responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software/hardware sales and knowledge of technology
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Motivated to running partner focused activities that build a strong partner community
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches
- Highly collaborative skills to work closely with the broader team
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Relevant experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations
- Strong understanding of how MSP organisations work & supporting go-to-market on service offerings
- Experience in delivering technical enablement workshops or webinars to the partners, including creating fresh content and materials
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- Experience in networking, server, application and development technologies is desirable
- Domain expertise with IT operations, application delivery, security or compliance is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.