|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Grow your leadership skills
- Progressive & agile culture
- Build your career at NAB
A career that gives you more
We’re changing at NAB. Our goal is to build a world class information management and engineering culture to enable us to deliver an unprecedented pace of change and a customer experience second to none. As part of that journey NAB is embarking on a green-fields project to establish a world class Cloud Data Lake, Analytics and Insights platform with associated governance and controls. Pivotal to driving a data driven culture is how we tag, track and make our metadata and lineage visible across our enterprise data.
We are current looking for an Engineering Manager to play a leading role as a technical product owner, leading our engineers in building out our Data Governance, Metadata Management and Data Quality platform and associated capabilities. This role is also accountable for the strategic development of service/s, vendor and business relationship management, including financial accountability.
Day to day you will:
- Help shape platform product strategy for our enterprise Data Governance (DG), Metadata Management (DM) and Data Quality (DQ) platforms, collaborating with key stakeholders in Enterprise Data Management, Data Governance, Architecture and NAB’s data steward community to deliver shared objectives and goals
- Balance strategic and tactical platform build to maximise business value and reduce cost and risk
- Lead your team of engineers to create and maintain optimal Data Governance Platforms and applications architecture through automation and service reliability practices, and ensuring architecture meets the functional and non-functional requirements
- Manage and maintain currency and compliance to NABs cloud standards for all components within the DG, DM and DQ capabilities
- Develop and maintain patterns and re-usable components to meet DM, DG and DQ requirements
- Develop your team to continually learn and research best practices and tooling related to your domain
- Ensure automation is built in into every aspect of your team’s deliverables as a core component, not an afterthought
- Work with Product vendors to align product road map and NAB’s Road map of Data Governance, Metadata Management and DQ
- Building a high performing team which includes performance management, coaching and mentoring, knowledge management and training
What you will bring:
- A passion for technology keeping up with latest trends, including the ability to read and write code
- Domain expertise in Metadata Management, Data Governance and Data Quality
- Technical expertise establishing Data Governance platforms and tools is essential
- Informatica Data Governance suit of products (AXON, EDC , BDQ , SOS) experience will be highly regarded
- Experience with open metadata tooling and standards (e.g. Collibra, Atlas, Egeria) is also highly regarded.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other Cloud providers is essential and certifications will be highly regarded
- Experience with managing vendor relationships including escalation of incidents, influencing product roadmaps and managing contracts and commercials
- Deep understanding of Data Engineering practices
- Experience in building out greenfield capabilities / services
- Agile software development practices
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Scrum team leadership and Product Ownership
- Leadership abilities to own and manage set of capabilities and services in a complex data echo system
Please note that this role is temporarily listed as “remote” due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We will discuss with you your ongoing requirements throughout the recruitment process.
Everyone at NAB deserves an outstanding leader, who inspires and engages your team in our purpose, vision and values, and helps them focus on the things that matter the most in these tough times. As a NAB people manager, you will be an Outstanding Leader.
We know that life’s about more than money. That’s why we’re so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers.
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce supported by our African Australian and Indigenous employment programs, Graduate and Trainee programs. We are proud of our LGBTI Gold employer status by AWEI, and our commitment to gender equality. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.