WHO WE ARE:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems are currently seeking to engage with experienced Project Support Officers looking for opportunities within the Commonwealth Government Defence sector based in Canberra. Candidates must be Australian citizens and applicants residing outside of Australia will not be considered.
An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle is required as well as the ability to establish and maintain stakeholder relationships through effective communication to facilitate exchange of information and support project completion in line with project plans.
Project Support Officers working with Downer Defence will provide a range of project management and support services. Key responsibilities include:
- Coordination of resources
- Maintaining project documentation
- Implementing and monitoring project plans
- Successful completion of project deliverables
- Preparation of project reports and briefs
- An experienced Project Support Officer professional who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Experience sourcing, collating and compiling data and information to identify emerging issues and track and report on project progress against established milestones and deliverables.
- Experience escalating issues and proposing solutions.
- Experience working in a high performing project team.
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Proficient in MS suite.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Hold an Australian Government security clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER :
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
To register your interest hit "Apply now" or contact Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
(Please note: Downer does not accept applications via email)