At Jacobs, you will work with the most talented professionals and thought leaders to shape the future of the global professional services sector as we deliver ground-breaking and life-changing solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With more than $12 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 50,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction and program management for business, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
Our people improve lives and connect communities through transformative transport, water, built environment and power projects. We are innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. Visit www.jacobs.com to see how you can make a difference.
About the opportunity
Our Perth office are seeking an experienced Roads and Highways Engineer to help secure and deliver projects for our key clients in Western Australia as well as supporting projects in other offices both in Australia and around the globe.
The main duties associated with this position are\:
- Assist with/undertake civil/road engineering and design for roads and highways projects in accordance with relevant WA, Main Roads WA, PTA and Australian Standards including but not limited to\:
- road alignments and geometry
- intersection/interchange layouts
- pavement marking
- traffic barriers
- Participate in the development of innovative design solutions and apply best practice design
- Co-ordinate with other specialist areas including drainage design, pavement design, structural design, etc.
- Produce designs, reports, specifications to meet client requirements
- Assist in applying Jacobs standards and procedures for the successful delivery of projects including HSEC, quality and service protocols
- Manage projects within deadlines/timeframes as agreed with the project program
- Identify and communicate design issues and concerns and any timing issues to design manager
- Assist in the development of proposals in response to client requests
- Meet with target clients and record outcomes of meetings to assist to build client understanding and relationships
You will be\:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Experienced in the planning, engineering, design and construction of roads and highway infrastructure
- Knowledgeable and understand Main Roads WA and Austroads Standards and accepted practices
- Knowledgeable and understand PTA requirements
- A team player who is able to work within a team
- Good communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Well-developed computer skills
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
It’s a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note\: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.